Saturday, March 16, 2013

Recipe: (Vegan) Banana Blueberry Oatmeal



Today, I want to share with you my go-to breakfast: Banana Blueberry Oatmeal. It's super easy to make and totally satiates me up until noon. Basically, I throw in 1/3 cup of oats, along with some almond milk (use any milk of your choice) into a small pot and cook on high until the mixture begins to bubble and thicken, and most of the liquid has evaporated... Then, stir in a 1/3 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen; doesn't matter), and pour the purple, bubbling concoction into your breakfast bowl. Finally, slice up a banana, and add a handful of toasted almonds and a sprinkle on cinnamon. Super easy and pretty darn nutritious. Let me know if you decide to try it! 

Also, if you'd like to see a quick video of this recipe, feel free to check out the one I made from my youtube channel

Sincerely, 
Jenny

P.S. What are your favorite oatmeal toppings? Mine are definitely blueberries and bananas, but sometimes I like adding in some nut butter and maybe even a dash of cocoa powder :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment